Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kooky Koko

Have you seen those sweet little amigurumi dolls wearing animal costumes? I'm in love with the ones on http://www.owlishly.etsy.com/.

I used to make all kinds of amigurumi (it's a lot of fun) - then I switched to sewing, I started making my own patterns and my yarn collection has gone untouched since. So, still being in love with these dolls wearing animal costumes, I really wanted to come up with a pattern and make my own.

This kooky doll, Koko, is what I came up with. Now, she doesn't have the same type of charm as those that originally inspired me, but she's my own take on the concept. First of all, she's asymmetrical in just about every way you can imagine (which was intentional). I never could decide if she should have a kitty tail or not - and since I couldn't figure out a way to attach one (short of just stitching it to the outside of her little bottom) - I went with the no tail option.

Koko fits into the first draft category for me - I'm considering the pattern a work in progress with future versions to follow. I'm open for suggestions if you have something. I'm thinking that maybe her kitty ears need some tweaking and that the felt piece for her face needs to be flipped to the opposite angle ... I don't know. I'll have to work on her some more. Unfortunately for my kooky kitties-to-be I came up with another pattern or two that I wanted to make. (And it seems that I have a thing for being fickle when it comes to which pattern I'm going to finish up.)

So, my kooky little Koko is left waiting for more friends who love wearing a kitty costume as much as she does. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment