Monday, July 13, 2009

My First Doll

Amry's Doll was my first doll pattern creation. At the time, my sister-in-law was pregnant with her daughter, Amry. I had made her boys and my son teddy bears and whatnot from commercially available patterns, but this was my first opportunity to make an actual doll for someone, so I figured I'd give it a go at making my own pattern.

This teal-haired cutie is what I came up with. Amry's not quite a year old as of yet, but I'm hoping she gets years of enjoyment out of her doll.

(I've got to give credit to Amry's mom, Michele, for the beautiful pic above. You can see more of her fabulous photography at http://www.pinkletoes.com/.)

Of course I didn't totally know what I was doing, and the first version of Amry's Doll turned out to not quite be what I had envisioned with her super skinny arms and legs. But, with a little tweaking, Amry's Doll was made. This was the first pattern I posted for sale at my esty shop, http://www.fun4me.etsy.com/. I was pleasantly surprised and excited to gain the approval of other crafty sewers who bought the pattern to make for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment