Monday, July 13, 2009

Intro to my blog ...

Welcome to my blog.

This isn't a blog about what I think of the political climate of the country or to contemplate my purpose for being here or even to tell the world at large the day-to-day goings on in my life. No, I wanted to make a blog to share some of my creative ideas in the way of handmade dolls, plush and patterns with those who might be interested.

I've sewn several rag dolls and plush creations recently and have found that it's fun for me. And what more can you ask for from a hobby than to be fun? Well, the answer to that question would be for someone to pay you to do it, so I set up an etsy shop to sell the dolls and the patterns to make them. I don't really aim for market-ability. I just make what strikes me as being interesting at the time. I've had some sales, but what really makes me happy is that I've created something that someone else admires and wants to make for themselves. If you're interested, you can check out my etsy shop at
http://www.fun4me.etsy.com/.

Ok, so here's my current plan for posts in this blog: 1) Show some of the dolls/plush I've recently made, 2) Show pics of current stuff I'm working on, 3) Post some cute free patterns for downloading. We'll see where it goes from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment