Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Moopsie?


So while still feeling good about having made my first doll pattern, I set to work with my imagination and made a new design for a plush animal. While in the drawing stages, it was going to be a bear, then I changed my mind and decided that it looked much more like a hamster. Well, by the time I was done with it, I decided that it didn't look anything like an animal known to man (not known to me at least).

I even went beyond my comfort range, and apparently skill range, and made several curved seams. I thought that would give it a unique look and feel. And let me tell you, not everything that looks good on paper turns out the same once you've sewn it. He turned out pretty good, but man, was he something of a pain to pin and sew.

I never did write up the pattern to make a Moopsie. Maybe I thought it was too intimidating to do all the tweaking necessary to make it really do-able. Nah, it was definitely having to do the pinning and sewing that was the turn off. I think he's cute as all get-out tho - maybe I should pull out that old pattern and see what I can do ...

No comments:

Post a Comment