Monday, July 20, 2009

Fun & Funky Socks

Through my hours spent browsing etsy, I came across the cutest pattern for a Sock Kitty from http://www.cuddlet.etsy.com/. I bought the pattern and immediately made three different sock kitties. They were so much fun to make that I decided to give it a go at making my own style of doll from socks. What I came up with is now known as my Fun & Funky Sock Dolls Tutorial.


I had a lot of fun creating the pattern for these dolls and coming up with crazy new hairdo's for each one. They are super easy to sew up and I really enjoyed creating different faces to give each one her own personality.


Part of what I liked so much about making them was that they are all hand-sewn, so I wasn't in the back room sewing all evening. Instead I was sitting in the living room with my family enjoying their company while also getting to do something that was fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment