Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Baby Sister's New Dress

I don't usually subject anyone to wearing something that I've made for them, but I just couldn't help myself this time. I found this sweet pattern at http://www.leilaandben.etsy.com/ and had to make it for my little girl. It was super-easy (which is what I needed) and I think it turned out to be just adorable!

The pattern is good for sizes up to 12 months and they have another pattern of the same style for toddler sizes, so she is definitely getting more of these.

Of course, it's winter so I went on the search for some baby leg warmers. I found another easy pattern at http://www.everythingyourmamamade.com/, which was free, and I like that. I used a slight variation of her pattern to make some leg warmers to match Baby Sister's new dress.

Like I said, I don't usually make clothes for anyone, but she doesn't seem to really care what I put on her. It all gets spit-up on it at the same rate. And I figure I have a minimum of 3 years before she truly cares what I dress her in, so since I've been feeling adventurous and I might branch out and make her something more than just this one dress pattern. But for now, I'm just taking a win on this one.

1 comment: